Thursday, October 26, 2006

I've Crossed the Line

<----This is me in "ponderation"

So tonight I realized that I've crossed a line. I'm not sure when exactly it happened, or really how. And I don't know what exactly this line would be called, if it had a name. So let me explain, and maybe we'll both come up with a name by the end of this post!
Art and Lori are on a holiday right now, so they are gone for 5 days over the long weekend. I am going to be at the Love Actually conference Friday, Saturday, and half of Sunday. So I really am only here to help out tonight, half of Sunday, and Monday. So tonight, Brett had 3 kids over to work on a bio project. So when I got home from work, I immediately made pizza (really nothing fancy, it was actually microwaveable, I just added more meat and cheese), threw some carrots in a bowl, and had Caleb set the table. So not a big deal, right? Then I just made sure it was clean and helped Caleb with his homework and such. (Yes, I do have more respect for moms now) So yeah, but the funny thing was when the other kids would come downstairs and ask me if they could get a drink, etc...and at the end of the night, they all thanked me, like I was the mom or the hostess or something. It was all so surreal. Not that those instances were really a big deal, but it did seem to signify that I've crossed some invisible line. I am no longer just a kid, or even a kid that's a leader, I don't know what exactly the kids here see me as, but it's a bit more, and I've crossed some weird line, and there is no going back. Ahhh, when I realized that, I just wanted to scream, on one hand, it means I'm getting older, and it's cool that the kids see me as "that", but on the other hand, I've lost (or just moved on) from a place I will never be in again. It's funny how you never see the pages of your life turning.

1 comment:

Mike said...

congratulations, YOU'RE OLD!!!!
I'm so proud of you.

In all honesty, I am proud of you and thanks for being such a great part of the fam and the enns' fam too!