Sunday, October 22, 2006

This Day

SNAPSHOTS OF OCTOBER!!!

Me getting my ear pierced

Melissa getting her ear pierced

The Ferry
Sunset from the roof


This is two Fridays ago at (R)evolve, group games
They are actually sitting on bean bags in the elevator. Angela, Vania, Nancy, Kay, Izzy
This picture is worth a thousand words
Speed dating, we play this every week at (R)evolve
My new favorite snack, Cashew Crispies
The closest I've been to the border... ...aside from maybe that time I got lost for two hours
Me, Angela, and Vania
Everyone loves our new bean bags, especially Daniel, Ben, and Aries (top to bottom)
My Sunday School Girls at the Bowling alley: Sarah, Nathania, Michelle



Aloha! Ok, today, I'm in kind of a random mood. I'm in Subdued Hyperness mode. Not sure why. It is now Sunday afternoon. I am quite pleased to find out that the Enns' living room has Sunday afternoon sunshine that is comparable to my living room at home. So nice. Today is a very special day. It is my TWO MONTH ANNIVERSARY!!! Wahoo. I think this also means this is the longest I've been away from home. I think I was like 2 or 3 days short when I went to Guatemala. This is so exciting. Although, to be honest, I really have mixed emotions. On the one hand, being gone on my own, no team members, no family, for two months in a different country, is quite a feat. On the other hand, it is starting to become just everyday life. It's kind of sad that the time is passing by so quickly. I have been waiting to be in Hong Kong for so many months. And now I am here, and it is going by so quickly. I want to make the most out of the time here, but it is also nice being able to finally settle into "daily life" here. I mean, who does this, what I'm doing? Not too many people. It is totally planned out by God, because never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined this year. And I know that I will never have a year quite like this...I want to revel in it, but it's moving so quickly, and the newness is wearing off. So what is a person supposed to do??? Just live, where you are, when you are. (Ok, I'm not saying live for your own pleasure or whatever..that would be hedonistic, and dumb.) Hey Today, bring it on...

No comments: