Monday, October 23, 2006

I'm having a moment...

The strange man and the coveted spot

Me in the coveted spot, if you look closely, this blog is on my computer screen

Ok, yes, this is a little bit ridiculous how I've been bloggin incessantly lately. I go through phases, this is definitely one of them. Ok, I want to paint a picture for you:
I'm sitting in PCC. I need to write my lesson that I am teaching at this Sanctuary conference, so I'm planting myself here. It closes at 10, so I will be out by then, and hopefully have completed writing the session. Yes. I have 8.5 hours until PCC closes. So much time, and I know I can waste it, which I won't, so immediately following this blog, and probably a few e-mails, I will get right to work! Hahahha. Ok, so I really like sitting in the huge crimson plush red chairs that PCC has, unfortunately, they are all taken, or the occupants of the chair next to it are very strange. Which is why I am not sitting in a really comfortable chair that I'm looking at right now. The occupant of the chair next to it is a strange middle aged man, who obviously thinks that he owns it the way he is draping himself across it. He is constantly sniffing and is quite strange acting. This PCC isn't exactly the quiet hideaway I was hoping for, it is in the middle of one of the biggest malls around. I have a sneaky feeling it might be the biggest on the Kowloon side. Maybe, maybe not. Ok, I love camera phones, I just took a picture which I will certainly post to here this evening. So yes, I am drinking the new Maple Latte that PCC is so big on right now. It's not exactly the "sweet celebration of the tast of autumn" I was longing for, these people really need to get into Pumpkin Pie. Ok, the strange man has moved, so I'm going to move also. Man, this place is great for people watching...I hope I can get work done. In other news, I think I'm going to buy a plane ticket to Bangkok tonight. It's only like $120 USD and ends up being like $170 in the end. How great is that!? The ICS trip from Northwestern is going to be on their internship traveling around Asia for a few months. In November they will be in Bangkok, Thailand for a few weeks. I get to spend American Thanksgiving with them and stay for 5 days. How cool is that! I'm very excited...as you can tell. Well, I have now moved to the comfy chair, the strange man is gone, thankfully, my maple latte is getting cold, unfortunately, that stupid B-a-n-a-n-a-s song is on (madonna?) can't remember,whoever sings it, she should stop, and not sell her music in Asia, no one likes it in the states either, so she should just stop. Well, I'm going to get work done now...ready, set, GO!

No comments: