Tuesday, October 10, 2006

My Beautiful Day

This picture is of a display in Kowloon Park...the past few weeks have been getting ready for the Festival of the Lanterns, so most parks had some kind of decoration....
Today is a BEAUTIFUL day. It's funny that I know that...being that I haven't really been outside, and it's 1 in the afternoon! Today is my day off, and I am OFF! I have been trying to catch up on all my e-mailing, reports, sleep, blogging, etc...I don't plan on doing much...maybe exploring the village (we have million dollar bathrooms here...supposedly the best in HK besides the golden toilet in Hung Hom), gonna go see a movie later with Kristin...it's a great day. Tomorrow I'm going to be playing piano for a funeral. That should be interesting...I've never played piano like that. So we shall see. These past few weeks have been pretty interesting. A lot of stretching and growing. I've been learning a lot about selfishness, sufficiency, and surrender. Good lessons to learn...don't think I'll ever be done learning. Actually, I know I won't. I've also been learning a lot about leadership. Not sure if can put it in a concrete thought or sentence though. I've been having opportunities to stretch myself, and I've been making myself take them. It's so good to be here, I am loving this journey that God is leading me on. I'm listening to Rascal Flatts (yes, thanks Bre) and God is certainly blessing the broken road that is leading me to Him. I feel like I have been connecting with the kids a lot more lately, and I am certainly loving it. Well, I knew that I didn't have much to say, but thought I would say it anyways.

No comments: