Friday, October 20, 2006

Yet Again

Ok, I'm not gonna lie...this blog is kind of a guilt trip...I realized that if Melissa can update her blog...I probably have time to also! This will just be a (hopefully) brief highlight reel of what's been happening since I wrote last:

Lately, my friendships with the students have seem to skyrocketed. And it is so amazing! Last Friday, a few of the girls ended up coming early to church, and we all went to dinner before hand. It was some girls that normally wouldn't hang out together...and they all seemed to talk. It was great.

Then on Sunday, I asked a few girls to hang out with me, and in the end, I went to lunch with 2 girls and one of the girls' mom. Then me and the 2 girls went to get Krispy Kremes and yeah, we just hung out all afternoon...and they want to do it next week! It was so cool.

Monday was a good day. I didn't do a darn thing. It was wonderful. I putsed around, cleaned my room, read a book, slept in! Ahhh...heaven.

Then Tuesday night, I wasn't feeling well, so I got into bed at 8:45, and was asleep by 9:30!!!! AMAZING, EH? I even got a picture of it. I'm not going to take it off my phone now, but check back, and I will repost it with a picture! (Ok, I did)

Wednesday was an interesting day. I really wasn't in the office much. Me and PM ran a few errands in TST, and then went to CPK (I guess I'm not allowed to call it California Pizza Kitchen). It was the first time I had been there....so delicious. And it had a beautiful view of the harbour and the island. Then we were craving donuts, so me and Mel jaunted up to SoHo to get Krispy Kremes to bring back to the office. So good. Then me and Melissa saw a movie at the cinema in Whampoa. That place is so ghetto. First of all, we went to see a canto movie, which is an adventure all by itself. It was the strangest movie ever. And for some reason, the two chinese guys in front of us found it hilarious. The humour was lost in translation. So then in the middle of the movie, Melissa leans over to me and says, "Hannah, there is a mouse eating my nachos!" (Which happened to be on the arm rest next to her.) I seriously thought she was joking. But she wasn't. It brushed up against her feet and then she saw it, and it was eating her food! So she moved to the other side of me and we both kept our feet up. Then a few minutes later, I could HEAR it! Ahhhh, it was so horrible.

In other news: MY MOM IS COMING TO HONG KONG! I am so incredibly excited! She emailed me on Tuesday morning and told me to call her ASAP. So I was all worried, even though she said it was good. Then she's like, guess who's coming to HK? I am! We had talked about it before I left, and realized it wasn't possible. Then I guess my uncle was in MN visiting and he asked her what dates I would visit if I could...so she told him, and the next day, my aunt called and told her she bought her the ticket! My aunt is from Japan, so she has frequent flyer miles and happened to want to surprise my mom! So yeah, it is such an amazing gift from God. So great! So yeah, a few days after Christmas, she will fly out to NJ, where they live and visit them for a day or so, and then fly directly here to stay for like 10 days or something! I am soooooooooo excited! Anywhoo. That's all the news. I have to go to bed.

Quick prayer request: The next 4 weeks will be indredibly busy and stressful. We have 2 conferences coming up. The second one, Mike will be in the states during that time. And I volunteered to teach a session. So it's kinda hanging over my head right now. And just also for that week that Mike will be gone...I'm a bit worried. It will be OK though...I know I can't help but be stressed.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Great blog, love that the relationships are growing!
Second, you have nothing to worry about! You'll do great while I'm gone. You do great now and nothing will change, I'll just be out of the country! :)