Wednesday, November 08, 2006

More Random Thoughts from the Office

Blog. Blogging. Blogged. Blogs. Strange words aren't they? Tonight I was walking home and I was thinking about it. Is blog a noun or a verb? I mean, I hear people say, "I have a blog" and I hear people say, "I need to blog" (mostly from mike) =)...and if you add -ing (blogging), it's again a verb. Strange, eh?

Right now I'm at work and I'm listening to "She's that Kinda girl" by DC Talk...I'm having major de ja vous! I'm laughing right now b/c it is taking me back to the days when first Matt, then Luke would turn up DC talk extremely loud all over the house and all of us siblings would have dance parties...good times...ok, gotta go, I'm gettin my groove on!

Again at work...and I check the election results...MN gov looks like it's gonna be close...too bad the dems might get the senate...it's really surreal watching elections from over here...Dang, the first time that I'm old enough to vote and I can't...and it's too late to get an absentee ballot...I'm such a horrible American...speaking of being american...I have realized an interesting phenomenon here. When people ask, "Where are you from?" in MN, it usually means, what nationality are you, so my typical response is, "East Indian" not to be confused with Native Americans, Eskimo Indians, and whatever type of Indian there may be. But here, when someone asks that question, they mean, "Where is your home?" Because no one is really from Hong Kong, at least they think so. So the other day, I was asked that question, and I said my usual, "Indian" answer. But later I was thinking, Hey, duh, of course I'm Indian, EVERYONE can see that by looking at me. But I am not from India, in fact, for most purposes, I'm not even Indian. Man, why didn't I say I'm American, I have the passport and the American way of thinking to prove it !!!! So yes, now on, when I am asked that question, I will proudly say, "American". Hahaha, but then there is the question of what being proud of that actually means...I will save that for another day...

No comments: