Saturday, October 21, 2006

Jasmine, Jazz, and Things of the Like

Ok, just a few random thoughts. These are some of my favorite times:
When I come home late and I have to walk through part of the village alone, there are two spots when I can smell nothing but jasmine. This is one of my favorite smells on earth. (This is saying something, because I like to smell a lot of things...yeah, mom, you know what I'm talking about!) So I start walking by three large houses, then I smell jasmine, and almost always stop just to stand there...then I walk through a narrow alley, and late at night, some one plays music through an upstairs window. The first time it was classical I think, then it was jazz, tonight it was traditional Chinese music. It always just makes me want to stop and drink in the moment. Then I keep walking... across a play ground, and down the road...then suddenly smell dog poo, and then 5 steps later...jasmine again. So nice. It's moments like these, that make you go...

No comments: