Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Untitled or "My senses are overloaded with what's below everyday"


Ok, I am feeling really random tonight, and tired, but I'm not gonna go to bed. So I thought I'd share some more experiences in HK with you. Here are some things that my 5+ senses experience every day!

I see....
mountains
jungle
ocean (polluted)
old men in speedos
really cute babies
tall buildings everywhere
neon lights
the train
the bus
people everywhere
traffic
the wishing tree
the map (when I get lost)
the rain
boats
tall buildings across the harbour
chinese writing everywhere
bad hair
Good hair(mostly bad though)
Trendy outfits (sometimes good)
A lot of Chinese people!
Just to name a few
I hear....
Chinese (mandarin)
Chinese (cantonese)
Togolo
English w/ everyform of accent imaginable
the train
the bus
my cell phone
everyone else's cell phone
canto pop
more rain
my alarm 5 times each morning
horns honking
Just to name a few
I taste.....
Pollution
Pacific Coffee
Curry
bread from the bakery
mangoes
noodles
rice
my favorite Panda cookies
Milk (it tastes different here) not in a good way
Lori's baked goods (the mom of the family I live with, she is great at baking...I'm gonna get fat)
Water (I love it here!)
Just to name a few
I smell...
Myself, when it's hot
myself, when it rains (yeah, the rain isn't pure here)
Hong Kong (it's a distinct smell..sometimes good, sometimes bad, mostly in between)
exhaust
other people
lot's of perfume when I walk past stores
the jungle
the city
the mountains
the harbour
weird bad smell when I take a shortcut through a certain alley
Pacific coffee
The office
Lori's cooking
Isabella (babies smell so good! most of the time!)
Just to name a few
I touch....
my umbrella
other people when I bump up against them
food
every escalator handle
my octopus card
the handles on the KCR (train) and the buses
The Enns' dogs
the buttons on the lifts
my computer
Mike's computer
the church's computer
the Enns'computer (mine isn't working so well!)
My cell phone
Just to name a few



Well, I thoes are all the senses I could think of, I know I don't have a 6th sense, but maybe a 7th or 8th... I'll let ya know!



PS: hi Liam

No comments: