Saturday, September 02, 2006

I'm addicted

Ok, well, the only reason that I am writing, is b/c I want to go to bed, but feel like I need to participate in some winding down activities. I have realized today that I am addicted to communcation. When I first started thinking about this, I was thinking, internet, etc. I am always on it: When I get to work, I'm connected, and probably check my mail every 15 min. (this might also have to do with the fact that everyone in the states is just getting on and ready to IM b/c it's their evening) Then, when I run errands, or stop at Pacific Coffee (lovingly known as PCC) I check it at their comps. Then when I'm home, yep, thank God for wireless! But yeah, as I've been thinking, I always am wanting to communicate, only when I'm really in a zone, do I not do it consciously. Por example: as I walk to work everymorning...I try to communicate that I am part of this place, I belong in Hong Kong (and thankfully, no one can tell that I'm basically white): I walk faster (I'm usually running late), I have my shades on as I walk along the sunny harbor (cool), I am usually dressed business casual (emphasis on business, b/c that's what everyone does here), and I have my sweet metro shoulder bag with one handle (thanks mom). So yeah. I'm always communicating. I love to. Knowing that I am made that way...I just marvel at the potential for communcating with God. Now to reach that....
Goodnight!

No comments: