Thursday, September 21, 2006

My Day

So today was a very interesting day. It started out great. I hailed the bus at the right time, I ran up the escalator and actually hardly had to wait for my train. At least I thought. I got on the train, got a single seat (it was so marvelous) the sun was shining in the window, I was listening to Falling Up and reading my Bible. Just perfect. Until....
I looked out the window and saw Fanling KCR station zoom by. By the time I got out, I was only one stop away from the border of China! It was so funny. I was laughing myself! So then I got on the right train, the one headed south, and sat down to listen to more music and to do more reading. I was on a bench, and the guy standing up in front of me holding onto the pole dropped his bag and it fell by my feet. So he bent to pick it up (so I thought) and then he slouched to the floor! So I yanked the headphones out of my ears, me and the woman next to me jumped up. I grabbed his head and his shoulders so he wouldn't hit anything, and she grabbed his arm. So, the first thought in my head was that we should lay him down, obviously, that was the farthest thought from the guy you picked him up and put him on the bench. (What was he thinking???) So then we woke up, I awkardly still had my arm around his back and head! And he spoke english, so I asked him if he just fell asleep or what...apparently he had fainted, and he said he was OK. But someone had already used the intercom and alerted the driver. So the station manager came out at the next stop and whisked him away. Talk about an interesting morning commute. OH, and I tried to call my mom, but for some reason, I always forget that there's a time change when I try to call her. So I left a message at her office at 8pm at night, their time! Sorry mom!
So yeah, then I got to work, got to use the new mac and did some video editing! SWEET. Then Dori took me out to lunch at Gengko Sushi. It was crazy! So we sat at this long counter that was a rectangle and the kitchen was in the center. So then there was the conveyor belt that went around the counter with all of the food on it. It had color coded plates, so you knew how much it was. Then there was a hot water spicket every few feet and tea mix. Then there's soy sauce, wasabi (which burns your brain if you get too much on your food, by the way), and ginger. So you grab a plate, eat it, grab another one, and keep going. Then if you order something special, the waiter brings it out. I had a roll with orange crab eggs all over it. I can't believe what I ate...I don't think I know the half of it. It was good though, once I got passed what I was eating and the texture sometimes. Then we stopped at a place and got bubble tea, my fav! Jamie, it came in almond flavor! Goodbye PCC, hello St. Alp's Tea house (yes, I know that was blasphemy PM) OH, and just so you know. PM is on my "favorite people in Hong Kong list" Satisfied?
So yeah, then back to the office for a few hours, and then back to the Enns'. THen tonight me and Kristin went to see the devil wears prada. WE had fun, and we got out of the theatre (whoops, cinema) before the trains shut down! And that was my day. And now I must go to bed.

ZzzzzzZzzzzz

No comments: