Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Attack of ADD



I'm pretty sure I've just suffered from the worst attack of ADD I've ever experienced.

I'm taking two courses over Northwestern's Distance Ed. Program. The program is great. I've never done distance learning, and the only thing similar that I've had was homeschool in years 3-4. And I can barely remember that, I'm not sure if I purposely blocked it out. All day today I've been planning on taking my midterm exam for my Christian Theology class. So after I got home from babysitting, I immediately grabbed my water bottle, computer + power cord, large Bible (with concordance and index), Knowing God by J.I. Packer, bottle of nail polish, Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis, and my course binder. I sat down at the dining room table about 9pm. At about 9:20 or so, I stopped checking my email and logged into the course website. I got into the test. Only 8 questions...fabulous. Or not so much. The test was open book, meaning that I could use my text book, the extra books, or the very large Bible. That's a lot of resources to use when you're trying to convince a professor that you understand the point. So yeah, by question 2 I was averaging about 28 minutes per question. It was at that point that I realised it was going to be a LONG night. I got distracted by everything!!! I don't think I've ever been more distracted. I had to get up to fill my water bottle, to get a snack, go to the bathroom, paint my nails, drink nescafe to keep me awake, watch Seinfeld, take off my watch, stare blankly at the screen, stare blankly at my reflection in the patio doors, and stare blankly as I thought about all the other things I have to do before I go to sleep. Anything that I could get distracted by, I let myself be. So I finished, finally 3 hours and 47 minutes after I sat down to start. And now what am I doing? I'm blogging about it so that I can procrastinate on going to bed (it doesn't make sense, does it?) But hey, I think I did OK on the test. And now, I'm going go pack for camp tomorrow. Wahoo, Batman!

1 comment:

Sarah LuAnne said...

um, hannah? that sounds EXACTLY like me last week. mid-terms... hate them. haha

guess what.

I WENT TO A RELIENT K CONCERT LAST NIGHT WITH MY HERMANA!!!!! IT WAS AWESOME.

that is all.

besides...

I LOVE YOU!