Tuesday, January 16, 2007

This Year in Review

I promised the classic New Years post, so here it is. And, it is not technically late, because Chinese New Year is still a month away!

In 2006 I...:

*Finished my first year at Northwestern
*Got a new sister
*Dyed my hair for the first time
*Tore 3 ligaments
*Had my second knee surgery
*Got closer to my other sister
*Broke up with my first boyfriend
*Got closer to my sister in law
*Started learning about and loving homeless/destitute people
*Was in my first car accident
*Finished a scrapbook that I had been working on for two years
*Made many new friends
*Had 2 of the best roommates ever
*Prepared for an internship
*Came to Hong Kong
*Learned so many things that are too numerous to count
*Got a bigger view of the world
*Went to Taiwan for the first time (very briefly, just a layover...)
*Went to LA for the first time
*Went to Thailand for the first time
*Experienced some of the hottest weather I've ever been in
*Have had my socks blessed off
*Spoke my first phrase of Cantonese to a native speaker (it took a lot of effort, I missed my bus stop many times because I was too afraid to say anything)
*Met a ton of international people
*Gained perspective (on many levels)
*Inherited a "niece" (for lack of a better word) for a time...Isabella...I love that baby!
*Lost confidence
*Gained it back again
*Lived through an earthquake (heheheheheee)
*Gained another family (the Roses)
*Missed the first election I was able to vote in
*Gained another family (the Enns)
*Realized what loneliness feels like
*Appreciated my own family more than ever
*Realized my family isn't quite conventional
*Learned (still learning) about leadership
*Ate real sushi, at a real sushi place
*Ate fried squid (not bad)
*learned to like cucumbers, asparagus, and tomatoes
*Learned how to make homemade frosting
*Learned how to find my way around a new country (I am now fairly confident)
*Got lost about a million times before I came to the previous point
*Stayed outside for a whole night with Brett to win the golden ticket at Krispy Kreme! (PS. We won)
*Got sick of Krispy Kremes (never thought that would happen)
*Realized there are more Indians than the 5 that are in MN.
*Turned 20

...That's all for now...maybe I'll add more!

No comments: