Monday, June 26, 2006

Frustration


Hi...Well, lately I have been frustrated...w/ a good many things...but I'm only going to tell about one of them tonight. I am reading the book "Short Term Missions: Serving w/ Eyes Wide Open" by David A. Livermore. It's one of my internship reqs and I am thoroughly enjoying it...and hating it. I have been questioning short term ministry since my Urban ICS class this sem. and now I'm more confused. Anywhoo...There are so many pros and cons about short term ministry...a lot of cons, in the eyes of the national church. ARGHHHH...hopefully by the end of the book, I will have more hope! On a side note...isn't it awesome that the majority of Christians in the world are OUTSIDE of the US and W Europe?! That is mindblowing. Ok, well, enough for tonight...and enough of [...] as well, I'm sorry that I used a copious amount of them tonight. Adios!
SDG


PS: If you think about it, pray for my knee...I was allowed by the DR. to start putting weight on it (to work up to walking) and I think I overdid it and it's swollen like a baloon now.

2 comments:

Sarah LuAnne said...

Hey HD, yeah that is pretty crazy. i'll be praying for your knee.

Mike said...

i too will be praying for yo knee.
forgot to answer your visa question, you will be a student as far as i know. we can change it if i'm wrong so no worries!
we CAN'T wait for you to join the team.
Don't worry, LIvermore gets more optimistic later in the book. Plus you might get to meet him while you're here! How cool is that!
Love ya banana. Sorry I haven't written often enough, I'm a punk!